Wednesday, May 11, 2011

8 May 2011, Mamaghar, Raxaul

Nice and easy feeling - wonderful. Makes me feel complete!

I was a bit anxious until this morning - don't know why. No internet, and, therefore, no contact with loved ones. Tomorrow Mom and I leave for home, and somehow I was feeling out of touch.

After nice shower and lunch, I was back in touch with my loved ones.
It was really a nice and short Skype with beloved Rajani. I felt my tempest subside, and was full on. Didn't even need the regular siesta!

Later, went out with Aashi, youngest cousin from Mom's younger brother. I had been feeling for the life outside. Just walk into the street and loiter, and may be make some good photographs in between.
We went towards Aashram Road, and walked  along the banks of this small dirty river. Then, went along the rail track and came back into the busy and dusty street.

Then we went to Surya Temple. We had been there earlier, few days ago, and I had been quite nostalgic then. While hanging on the top floor of the temple during our last visit, I had mentioned Aashi how observing the life around, the smell and the energy around reminded me of so many fond memories of childhood days. Me, my sister and mom would visit Mamaghar often. We would then be treated so so nice, loads of tasty spicy food, different kinds of snack and sweet and lots of gifts. We had our extended family around, from my mom's mother's side, and many cousins. We would visit our cousins and their family, and they would feed us and treat so warm. I always felt so good to be here, so loved and so included in this big family.
Amazing wonderful world - a busy and compact one, strong smell of spice and odour, spicy snacks on the streets, dirt and filth all around, loud people, interesting sounds - everything now feels wonderful. It all reminds of those wonder years. I miss it!

After the temple, we went to see some of the cousins who are still around, was a short and sweet farewell visit.

Tomorrow we leave and I am happy. Looking forward for seeing beloved Rajani, and sharing this nostalgic tale and wonderful time I had had. Miss her and want to be back with her.

I am happy to be here in such a long while. It has been a much awaited visit. I had been thinking about the visit for quite a while, and I am happy I did it this time!

No comments: