Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Gift



Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Maharajgunj Home.

Having this opportunity to meet my dear friend Upen after 12 years has been so very special. Seeing him after all these years has been like a reflection – finding my reflection in him.

I am taken back. I feel amazed to re-discover myself through the mirror of my best friend. It is a blessing to have this opportunity to re-discover ourselves through eyes of each other. It has added in my self confidence and belief in myself. 

Finding each other face to face, in person, has been an auspicious event. A reflection of our past lives – the special connection we had had, tales of our highs and lows, and appreciation for this beautiful life is a total bliss.


Yesterday was a real special day with Upen and Aabu. The sense of happiness was like the bright sunny day it was. It reminded me of those wonderful moments I had had, when every-day life felt magical. One need not search for it, it was right there and one could sense the magical river flow through day-to-day activities.

Participating in the “1 minute for peace meditation campaign” with Upen, Aabu and others was special. The meditation was mostly recitation of ‘Aum’ in a group. It created a beautiful and powerful vibration. Relaxing and meditative, being there in Pashupatinath was a tranquil and serene moment. It was added by the warm sun shining brightly on our faces and the wind whispering through us – as though connecting us to everybody and everything around us.

Being there with Upen in such an auspicious event was making me high and happy.

Later, Rajani had asked if I felt sad to bid farewell to my beloved friend. I said I didn’t feel that then.
On our way back home, we stopped by a nice restaurant in Lainchour. Rajani was quite hungry, and we decided to go for Mela Restaurant. I was beginning to have this feeling of nostalgia.

It was a quirky feeling walking into the restaurant. Part of the ceiling was cosmos dome beautifully painted clouds, stars and the night sky. The dome was lit with changing fluorescent light of blue and tints of light green.

The ambience was that of olden times. Even the singer on stage was singing old Nepali and Hindi songs. Somehow I was in a different plane by then.

I was deep in this unknown nostalgia. My heart was mellow. I thought about Upen, his wonderful friend Aabu, beloved Rajani by me and some very special soul mates. I didn’t know what was making me such, my heart was crying!

Now, as I write this, I get glimpses of similar feeling. I guess this came from having to bid farewell my best friend earlier that evening. In such a short time, without knowing, our re-union had left a deep mark. It is subtle and delicate like feather, and I feel like I had a gulp of ambrosia.


It has often occurred to me how special has been the presence of those special souls in my life, without whom omens would have gone unnoticed. Upen has given an immense gift by coming home, and giving us a visit. 


Thank you Upen, thank you Universe!

with Upen and Aabu at Lotus Restaurant, Thamel, Kathmandu

No comments: