Saturday, August 31, 2019

Dolpo Trek

17 July 2019, Wednesday
Phoksumdo Lake

Dearest Suravi,
It was so nice talking to you and Mamu earlier. It felt good to hear your voice, and that you were expecting to see me, Phupu and Phupa after our Dolpo Trek.

I woke up at 05:33 am today in Yak Kharka. It was a beautiful morning – no more clouds or grey weather. Some low hanging fog, but blue sky. The sun came out slow and nice - lighting the blue sky, then the snow clad mountain top, and gradually the hill-tops and mountain-tops forming the Yak Kharka Valley. Phupu and I sat down waiting for the sun to illuminate us. This was the beginning of the magical journey today.

Everybody is really happy today. The pristine blue sky with some white clouds, the green meadow expanse, the beautiful morning after all the past grey weather, wet days and nights.
We started the walk to Phoksumdo Lake after a relaxed and easy breakfast. Something was magical today – everything felt so good. The sight, the place, the valley, the meadows, the mountains, the serene light turquoise river, the path, the bushes we passed through were all a delight. I was melancholic, and I was thinking and feeling about You and Mamu – missing you both. You both would have enjoyed all this as much.

It was a melancholy I wanted to last. I wanted this feeling to be there – somehow I felt so good, so very good. It was, how do I describe, like the most beautiful place and moment to be in. My heart was crying, the ambient beauty and moment I had found myself in. The raw and blissful nature – I felt a strong connection to – like I never want to let go. I want to capture this and take it with me. To present You and Mamu with this wonderful gift of Dolpo Trek, and specially the last two days of mesmerising in absolute nature.

Mingmar said, if only we would have had clear and sunny day like today at the passes – Numa La and Baga La. I replied, I am actually very grateful for today and this moment. We can never be satisfied as human wishes are manifold. Today I felt just as complete and satisfied – this was one of the best moments of the trip. And I am really grateful for this day and the moment. I felt we understood each other, somehow we were on same plane of thoughts and feelings.
















Photographs © Shivendra Shah

No comments: