Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Heaven Freezes Over – a journey into the past

Walked through this road
Over hundred a times
Leading into the school
Of our childhood times

And, today as I walk
Through the same path
I feel surreal
As though a glimpse from the past

Awestruck, I am beheld
Stranded in the ocean of feelings
Enveloping me in the high tides
I am in a different kind of world

As we get drawn nearer
And nearer to the pasthood
The crossroads that lead
Are like reflections from a past life

The same gigantic structure
The big house with “AVM 1966”
Inscribed in big bold letters
Reminds us of our days in school

The colour has changed
The premises expanded
The people around have exchanged
Wow, the feeling is same

Prying through the gates
The ground so still, the buses parked
All stand still before our eyes
And I ooze over the feeling rides

I gasp and I look
I look and I look
Through the still and non-moving
I am numb and blinded

Sure we were here
11 years ago
And yet
Like a distant memory from another life

Holding onto and flying on
We go around
To see the other half
Of the school from backdoor

What a meaning
What a high ride
Something ethereal
And something surreal


On the way back
Leaving behind the school-past
Headed to our realities
We are struck once more

A friend from the past
Right there on the same street
What a coincidence
Two different pasts

Down from the hills of Tansen
Headed to Sister’s Home
I just can’t believe
Sister Shiny upfront

We follow her
A nice surprise
When we meet
After 7 years from the past

Heaven freezes over
A journey into the past!

April 6, 2008
23:55

No comments: