Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tiger Dreaming!

5:00 am and alarm on my mobile is abuzz. Time to wake up.

As I wake up, I find myself in some kind of remote place. This is somewhere amidst a valley next to a jungle. It is still dark, but what I see in front of me is absolutely beautiful. Never have I seen this kind of light coming from behind the mountains. The light is not spread across the sky, it lights up the edge of the mountains, and this is absolutely stunning. As I think to myself what a beautiful ride it is going to be, I take a little walk first.

There is this dog, one I have never seen before, follows me. We walk for a while and next to the woods. After a while I feel like going for a poo. I sit down by the road, and it is a relief. As I am sitting there, the corner of my sight sees something coming from the woods at about 30 or 40 meters. It is a bloody tiger with a catch in its mouth. It halts on the pathway that leads deeper into the woods. Dead frightened I spring and run back. The dog is ahead and I am panting as I follow. I am so frightened I imagine the tiger would pounce from behind. As I take a turn and am off sight from the tiger's view, I am relieved. I don't even look back and I continue back home.

5:20 am and another follow up alarm. I am half-awake from this crazy dream of tiger. Still lying in my bed, I dream meeting my biker friends, and telling them the tiger dreaming.

Finally, I am out of bed, and really think what a crazy dream it was. I am surprised what must be meaning of such a dream.

Deepak Dai arrives home at around 7 am, and immediately I tell him my dream. Then, we are off towards Budhanilkantha and the steep climb to helipad. It is quite interesting that after about 7 or 8 minutes on the way towards helipad after the tea stop there is no house or any people to find except for some rare passersby. The vegetation also changes rapidly, from trees to pines. It is like being in a jungle.

Halfway through the climb I feel like going for a poo. I find a grassy place by the side of the off-road. I sit down, watch the lovely pines around and enjoy the warm sun. Deepak Dai passes me by.

After a while, my jaws drop as I realize this is similar to what I had dreamt this morning. Wooow, can't believe I am living my dream. Immediately, I think about the tiger. Where is the tiger? Is there anything like tiger my way? I am very curious.

I think to myself I am in nature and in such a beautiful place. And, I can see the tiger is metaphor for the fear inside me. I remember running back home in my dream, and I then ask myself do I need to run from my fear! No way.

As I catch up Deepak Dai later, I tell him immediately what I found for my dream. He smiles, and we continue our journey downhill from helipad to Kopan, and then back home through Mandikatar.

Monday, 18 Jan 2010.

No comments: